If you suspect your account has been hacked or you see unwanted post on your wall, follow the following instructions:
1. go to https://www.facebook.com/hacked which will help you log back into your account so that you can regain control.
2. If you can log into your account, we recommend changing your password.
3. Review account activity and remove any spam.
4. Check your login history for suspicious logins by going to https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=security§ion=sessions&view
5. Run a review of your recent posts and likes by going to Your activity log. This is a tool that lets you review and manage what you share on Facebook. To get to your activity log, click the little upsidedown triangle in the top-right corner of a Facebook page and select Activity Log.
6. Check your installed apps and games and delete anything you don’t trust at https://www.facebook.com/bookmarks/apps
7. Delete any photos, posts, Pages, groups or events that you didn’t create.
8. Scan your computer or mobile device using updated antivirus (this could be a free good one eg Microsoft Security Essentials).
9. Check that you’re using the latest version of your browser (ex: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari)
10. report the issue to facebook at https://www.facebook.com/help/205730929485170
11. Log into your email and change your email password. Check your settings to confirm you do not have email forwarding enable that you did not create.
If someone created an account pretending to be you:
1. Go to the impostor profile
2. Click ... on the cover photo and select Report
3. Follow the on-screen instructions
If you don’t have a Facebook account, you can report an impostor account by filling out this form at
12. keep your account safe to avoid being hacked by (for details visit https://www.facebook.com/help/213481848684090 ) :
a. Never share your login information (ex: email address and password)
b. Log out of Facebook when you use a computer you share with other people.
c. Don’t accept friend requests from people you don’t know.
d. Never click suspicious links, even if they come from a friend or a company you know.
e. Watch out for fake Pages and apps/games.
f. Log in at www.facebook.com.
g. Update your browser
h. Use our extra security features more at https://www.facebook.com/help/413023562082171